Thursday, November 23, 2006

Talking Junk in the OB

The English word "thug" comes from the ancient thugee cult in India, a feared group who specialized in murder and robbery of passers-by.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

BC heads down to the OB tonight to take on the modern incarnation of thugs, the University of Miami Hurricanes. While the 'Canes have mostly been a horror show for BC over the years, with our last win coming 22 years ago, this year is shaping up to be different. While Miami still has talent, they are demoralized and, by many accounts, just want to get the year over with. Although this bodes well for BC, the Eagles can't expect to simply show up and take the win. Miami is still a tough team and BC must be careful to avoid a Syracuse showing.

That said, I'm gonna go against my better judgement and say the Eagles take this one. I know I'm just fooling myself, but I really think this team might have finally turned the corner under Matt Ryan. Who the hell knows. But I'm calling an Eagles victory on this one, with Matt Ryan and the defense once again leading the way.

Prediction: BC 27, Miami 17

Happy Thanksgiving to alland GO EAGLES!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?