Friday, November 17, 2006

Weekend Preview

Not much time, so I gotta keep this short.

BC takes on Northeastern tomorrow night at Matthews Arena, my first chance to see the Eagles in action this year. BC is coming off a week's rest following a tough win at Merrimack, and will face a solid Huskies team that always gets fired up to play BC. It'll be a tough game but I see BC coming out on top. Prediction: BC 3, Northeastern 1

----------------------------------------------------------

Saturday's game, I'm not so optimistic about. I don't know what it is, but this game just screams "TOB special" to me. Maryland has the ACC's second-best QB in Sam Hollenbach and a tough defense. They've been winning close games all season, much as BC was doing early on. Although BC should win both of its remaining games, this is the type that always scares me. I predicted a Terps win in the Battle of I-95, and unfortunately I gotta stick with that here. BC beat its northeastern rival in College Park last year, and the Twerps will be looking to return the favor. I hope I'm wrong....but I don't think so. Prediction: Maryland 23, BC 20

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to be a downer here, so I'll leave you all encouraging to pick up one of these great t-shirts in time for next year's visit to College Park:





GO EAGLES!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Anabasis said...

KICK THE TURTLE!!!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Joe Grav said...

OK so you got the hockey prediction wrong.. maybe that means your football prediction would be wrong too.

BTW: losing to the team ranked 1 spot below you is not a "TOB special," it's losing to an evenly matched team. Sheesh. The game didn't even start and yer already rippin' the guy.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Joe Grav said...

^^ although, I don't think we're going to lose, so that will all be moot.

I'm thinking BC wins by about ten. Maryland is riding a wave but they'll be cut down to size this week.

Unfortunately Wake will win too thus ending our Jacksonville hopes. Champs Sports Bowl anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?