Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's a BEEEEEEEEAUUUUUUTIFUL day!!

I woke up this morning and everything was just better. Food tastes better, the air is cleaner, birds are chirping, supermodels clad only in hooker boots (one maroon, one gold) and cowboy hats with an angry chicken logo on the front are sponge-bathing me and hand feeding me.

As always, ATL Eagle was on the scene within a few hours of the announcement drawing up a list of potential replacements. Not much I can add there, other than that in addition to the guys he named I would also keep an eye on South Florida HC Jim Leavitt and Baltimore Ravens DC Rex Ryan.

As for my shortlist right now?? I honestly don't know. I'll give a shot at a top 5--but keep in mind this is open to change with little or no warning:

1. Mark Whipple
2. David Cutcliffe
3. Paul Johnson
4. Jim Fassel
5. Randy Shannon

Jim Grobe would be #1 at this list and Norm Chow would be close to the top, but I don't think either guy is a realistic proposition.

In all honesty, I'd be absolutely elated with any of those 5 guys, as well as others who just missed my shortlist including Steve Kraglethorpe, Rex Ryan, Bud Foster, Jimbo Fisher, and probably another half-dozen guys I'm forgetting.

The only outside guy that I absolutely do NOT want is Bob Davie. This would be an absolute disaster of a hire, but luckily I don't see it happening--GDF is not going to go out and hire a guy that TOB repeatedly beat like a drum. Another guy whose name has been tossed around that does nothing for me is Harvard HC Tim Murphy, but I don't see that one happening either.

This is a very exciting time to be a BC fan.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Anabasis said...

the hunt for a head coach should illustrate how meaningless and trite this bowl game is. I don't know about everyone else but this game feels more like a mandatory afterthought than an exciting postseason contest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?