Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A great day for BC

My thoughts on TOB as a head coach are well-documented on this site, so I won't bore you by going over them again here. Suffice it to say that I am very glad he is gone.

That said, my feelings on him as a coach had never extended to my opinion of him as a human being
. That was, until I heard a rumor on the EagleAction board that the BC players heard about the news the same way we did--on the Internet and on TV. I started a thread on EagleInsider relaying the rumor but re-iterating my sincere hope that it was not true.

Then about an hour ago, I received the following message on Facebook:

Alex,

I'm (redacted) on the Eagle Insider board. My account is messed up such that I can't post anything, all I can do is read. You started a thread about one of the football players finding out and calling the rest of the team. That just so happened to be my roommate. He just found out by accident. He was watching NECN on TV and it showed "O'brien going to NCState" on the scroll thing at the bottem. He freaked out and started calling people. So, yes, it is true that the team was not told. The only way they found out was because my roommate happened to be watching TV.

That pretty much says it all. Utterly classless and inexcusable.

Whatever my opinion of him as a coach, until tonight I had always had a high opinion of TOB as a person
. But even if we go 0-12 for the next 20 years, we are better off without him. Good riddance.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger captaincoopsux said...

Utterly classless and inexcusable? That's a bit harsh. All it means is that someone involved in the process wanted to stroke their ego by tipping off Chris Collins at NECN about O'Brien leaving. O'Brien didn't release the information himself, and I'm sure he's as upset about the players finding out this way as they are. You can hold him responsible for the losses to 'Cuse and Miami, but don't hold him responsible for someone leaking information before he has a chance to release it on his own terms.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Anabasis said...

Ever to excel.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger DougBushBC said...

Ever to Mediocrity... Good riddance. Thanks alex!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?