Tuesday, November 28, 2006

BU Week

Once again it's one of the most exciting times of the BC hockey season, the week leading up to the annual weekend series with BU. As exciting is it is anytime the Eagles and Terriers meet, and despite the fact that only regular season points are the only tangible thing on the line here, there's a lot to be said for these two great rivals meeting each other on consecutive nights in the teams' home arenas (as opposed to the often overly sterile environment of the FleetCenter/TD Banknorth Garden/whatever the fuck they're calling it this week). I had hoped to make it up to Boston for this one, and although I won't be able to I will be postponing my weekend drinking to listen to the Friday game on internet radio (or ideally finding a bar in Philly to watch it on CSTV) and watching the Saturday game on CN8. I'll type up a full preview later in the week but just wanted to say for now that this is one of my favorite weeks of the BC sports calendar. A good showing (3+ points) by the Eagles this weekend would go a long way towards helping us forget not only about the hockey team's woes, but also the Meltdown in Miami and the basketball team's slow start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?