Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

With an official announcement still yet to arrive, most signs are still pointing to Mark Whipple as BC's next head coach. GDF was in Pittsburgh today interviewing Whipple, whom the Steelers have given BC permission to talk to. The other leading candidate for the job appears to be Tulsa's Steve Kragthorpe, but nonetheless I will be surprised if Whipple is not the guy.

Things also seem to be holding steady on the recruiting front, with Arthur Ray Jr. remaining the only recruit to have de-committed since TOB's departure. OT Nathan Richman and, surprisingly, WR Dominic Magazu have emphatically re-iterated their commitment to BC, while RB Devon Ramsay and OG Nick Schepis are remaining committed to BC while keeping their options open.

--------------------------------------------------------

Mixed results for the hockey team this weekend as they closed out the semester with a split against UMass. The Eagles fell 2-1 on Friday night in Amherst despite dominating play but rebounded with a 5-2 win last night in Conte behind two goals from Brian Boyle, who is returning to a more natural position in front of the goal on the Eagles' power play, as detailed in an article in today's Globe. The team is now done for the semester and will next take the ice on Jan. 5th at Northeastern.

The basketball team also opened up ACC play tonight, notching a very impressive performance in a 72-63 win over Maryland at Conte Forum.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Angry Eagle said...

I am a big fan of this blog, but am very disappointed in the attention the blogger at "The House that Skinner Built" blog has given the hoopsters, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create my own blog to complement this one and "Eagle In Atlanta" (another good one). I am a ridiculously hard-core BC hoops fan and season ticket holder for 15 years. Love Skinner. I'll be at:

http://angryeagle.blogspot.com.

Hope you guys check that out and give me some BC props. There will be a lot of good angry content coming as I get more familiar with how the blog works.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Alex F. said...

Looks good dude. I'm a BC hoops fan obviously but it's #3 in importance to me after football and hockey so I don't really tend to give it the attention it probably deserves (especially since the Maryland game was only the second game I've gotten to see this year). Looks good so far and good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?