Monday, December 11, 2006

Update

The Globe confirmed today, from a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report, that GDF met with Mark Whipple yesterday in Pittsburgh. Wouldn't have minded him flying into town to take in the hoops win over Maryland, but I'll take it. I think this is our man, folks--especially as Bill Cowher has endorsed him for the job. Rivals is reporting (subscription required) that GDF will meet with Jim Fassel this week and that Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski could also come into play. Nonetheless, I believe and hope that Whipple will be an Eagle by next week.

Rivals is also reporting that BC is still very much in the running for DE Ernest Owesu, but that we are likely out of the picture for Jamar Jackson.

Nice recap articles in the Herald and Globe on last night's hoops win over Maryland; also a great Herald article on Tyrese Rice's role in BC's flex offense.

Finally, a pair of new blogs covering BC basketball have come to my attention: Angry Eagle and BC Hoop-la. Both look great so far, so check 'em out. Like Eagle in Atlanta, these blogs appear to be dedicated to responsible and intelligent journalism and reasoned analysis the likes of which you will definitely not find here.

Finally, on the hockey recruiting front, Hockey East Blog is reporting that BC has added Paul Carey, a 6'1/185 winger out of Salisbury Prep to its 2008 class.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger EagleAlum07 said...

Hey Alex. Thanks so much for the reference to my blog bcbasketball.blogspot.com. I am having a blast covering the team, and I would love to link your blog to mine if you would allow me. I really enjoy your writing... let me know what you think. Feel free to shoot me an email at slemp@bc.edu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?