Saturday, October 28, 2006

Great W's

I don't care who the opponent is--winning a game 41-0 and dominating to the point where you are using a walk-on QB at the end of the game is fucking impressive.

I don't care that they dominated the game, that your goalie had to stand on his head, and that one of the goals was an empty-netter--beating the defending national champions 3-0 in their house is fucking impressive.


I only listened to the hockey game on the radio and only caught the last 10 minutes of the football game (fucking work) so I can't comment too much on either one, other than to say that Nate Gerbe is a fucking player. He is going to have a breakout year.

Now let's see the Eagles take the Badgers again tonight. As for football, let's hope UNC can pull out the upset over Wake. Incidentally, I think we want Georgia Tech to defeat Miami today, even though a U victory would marginally help BC's strength of schedule. A Miami win means they are in the drivers seat to win the Coastal division, and we do NOT want to have to beat these guys twice in a row, Coker or no Coker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In my Tallahassee recap, I neglected to mention one of the best moments of the weekend.

We walk into AJ's Saturday night after the game, and the downstairs part has one of those Internet jukeboxes where you can call up basically any song in existence. So naturally I search for and put on the classic Dropkick Murphys' rendition of "For Boston".

Bartender gets a pissed-off look on his face as soon as he realizes and cuts the sound 5 seconds into the song.

In retrospect; between that, starting drunken "We are BC" and "Whose house? Our house" chants with every other BC fan in sight, alternating making the "Eagle wings" gesture and a mocking Tomahawk chop at people, hitting on every attractive female in the place, and commenting to at least one FSU kid that "in the olden days, after a victory like this, we would get to rape and pillage your women"; I probably deserved to be jumped.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Alex F. said...

Aww, my first hate mail, how cute. FWIW, dude, if you take anything on this site other than the acutal sports talk too seriously then you lose at the internet.

As for TOB...I'm as anti-TOB as anyone, but we'll see. I'm hopeful that this is the year he finally turns it around and avoids breaking our hearts. Just like I was last year, and the year before that...well, we'll find out on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?