Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Holy Shit, a FHMAM Update!!

OK folks, sorry I've been off the wagon for a while but I've been really busy, plus my internet connection and Blogger have both been giving me problems left and right. You get what you pay for, I guess (that's referring to Blogger, not the internet connection).

Anyway, after back-to-back sweeps over Maine and Lowell, the hockey team again takes the ice Friday night in Durham for the first half of a home-and-home against Hockey East-leading #3 UNH. Friday will be my first game at the Whit, so I'm pumped for that. I'll have a preview of the weekend in the next day or two. I will say now that the team is rounding into form at exactly the right time--I'm very optimistic about our chances in the Hockey East and NCAA tournaments. We're looking pretty strong for the NCAAs as it is and either a split with UNH or advancement to the Hockey East semis should lock up a berth.

The hoops team suffered 3 consecutive losses, two of which were pretty bad, but rebounded with a strong win over Clemson on Senior Day. Right now I'd say anything this team can accomplish is pretty good--everyone wrote them off and penciled them into the NIT after the suspension of Sean Williams, but Jared Dudley has taken the team on his back (with help from Tyrese Rice, Sean Marshall, and Tyrelle Blair) and locked up an NCAA berth. It'll be absolutely criminal if he doesn't win the ACC player of the year award.

Football recruiting is a year-round sport and BC's offers are beginning to fill out for next season. We've contacted some serious heavy hitters--Jags and co. are not afraid to go toe-to-toe with the big boys, and I think we'll land at least a few of these guys. At some point in the near future I'll discuss some of these guys and talk about how I rate our chances of getting them.

Finally, an interesting story out of St. Joe's University--apparently their student council has decided to officially adopt BC as the home team, and Hawk fans will be making a trip to a BC game next year. I was always a Villanova basketball fan growing up (although growing up in Philly you tend to pull for all the local hoops teams, even the arch-rival of your favorite), but St. Joe's is now pretty high on the list as well. Hopefully we can get a few more schools on board with similar deals (Providence and Merrimack, both Catholic schools in New England with no football teams that probably have a lot of BC fans in their student bodies anyway, are both naturals).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When did Merrimack lose their football team?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger ORDEagle said...

Good to have you back - It's hard to keep up with the Hockey Team when you are outside of Hockey East land. With a decent showing this weekend we can move past BU for the 2 seed. I'll be interested to see your preview - pretty high powered offense they have.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope BC doesnt fuck up the St Joes thing by consistently giving their students the shaft. They need to encourage this type of thing so they can grow the fan base. It might help BC's rep of not travelling well if we can spread out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?