Friday, February 16, 2007

5-2

That's a good score to see again, isn't it??

Last night was one of the best performances BC hockey has put on all year. It's still too early for me to say "I told you so" regarding my last post, but I think this team has finally woken up. The best thing for me about the game was that we've finally started to play team defense. Maine's early shorthanded breakaway notwithstanding, the guys did a spectacular job on D. Carl Sneep continues to get better and better, Brett Motherwell reminded us of '05-'06 Brett Motherwell with his play last night, and the Boyle-Bradford-Gerbe line is really clicking.

Now onto the bad--the crowd. Simply pathetic for a game of this magnitude. The arena was MAYBE 30% full at faceoff, eventually grew to about 2/3 full, and was deathly quiet. Some girl sitting behind me literally fell asleep during the 3rd period. Absolutely awful. And it's disappointing for me too, because one of the 5 loudest crowds I've ever been a part of at Conte was the Maine home game last year. I expected last night to be similar, but far from it. Tonight, we as BC fans need to do a much better job of getting in early--yes, traffic was a nightmare last night because of the road conditions (it took me almost 30 minutes on the BC shuttle bus to get from Roggie's to Lower) but you KNOW THIS ahead of time so why not adjust accordingly?? At least tonight's start time is 8 pm, so Conte should be pretty full at the start.

The fact that I had the most annoying girl in the world sitting next to me for much of the 2nd and the entire 3rd periods didn't help, either (one of these people that obviously comes from a BC family--she was talking about tailgating as a little kid--and reads up all the crap written on the message boards and passes it off to her friends as fact; at one point she told her friends (in the midst of the 20 minute stretch when she was turned around talking to them with her back to the game) that Matt Ryan isn't going to be our starting QB next year because "he doesn't fit into Jags' system").

As for tonight?? SWEEP THE FUCKING BLACK BEARS. That's all it is. We win tonight, we are WELL on our way to an NCAA tournament bid. Just get it fucking done.

Prediction: BC 3, Maine 1

GO EAGLES!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Bravesbill said...

Hey, if you link my blog in your list, I'll do the same for yours. Thanks.
www.bittereagle.blogspot.com

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger BCNorCal07 said...

how bout the hockey team recently? winners of 4 in a row and 8 of 10. they even outplayed BU in the Beanpot, even though they lost. what do you think the team is doing well right now? really just looking for some feedback on their first sustained stretch of winning hockey since the trip to Wisconsin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?