Monday, February 12, 2007

Great win; better week

First things first--HUGE win for the hoops team yesterday down in Tallahassee. I'll say that I've been talking up Tyrelle Blair all along, and while he isn't Sean Williams he seems to be doing a pretty good impression of him. I've liked Blair defensively all season, but he was the last guy I expected to take the game-winning shot. Honestly, how can John Oates see more than 5-8 minutes a game from here on out?? It simply makes no sense to me. And Jared Dudley comes through with one of the biggest games of his BC career, including the 4-point play that gave us a shot to win. Great to see, and this team has to be considered an NCAA tournament lock at this point.

But the FSU game was just the beginning of one of the biggest weeks in BC sports history. It continues tonight at the TD Banknorth Garden as the hockey team takes on BU for the 4th time this season in the Beanpot final, holding a 2-1 edge over the hated Terriers currently. Pinhead Nation, as usual, offers their unique take on the game. As for a prediction?? I'm actually going to break from tradition and decline to give one. BC is, in my opinion, the more talented team; but we have been woefully inconsistent and this is, after all, the Beanpot. Jack Parker will harass and intimidate the refs, John Curry will stand on his head, Eric Gryba will attempt to injure BC players. We CAN overcome all of these things, but WILL we?? I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out. And hey, win or lose, I'll be able to celebrate/not think about it by watching 2 hours of DVR'd Jack Bauer after the game.

And it only gets better from there. Duke comes to the Heights on Wednesday night. Maine heads down on Thursday and Friday for a pair of huge Hockey East games. And the culmination of the week will be on Saturday, when North Carolina makes its first trip to Chestnut Hill for an ACC contest and the ESPN GameDay cameras will be filming in Conte Forum.

We need fans to be loud, wearing maroon and gold, on time, and fucking LOUD for all 5 of these games. Let's show, once and for all, that the days of poor fan support at BC are over.

I won't be at the basketball games but will definitely be at the Thursday Maine game and am trying to acquire a ticket for the Friday game as well (can't make it down to the Garden tonight unfortunately). I also may try to get on set for GameDay on Saturday morning. See you all there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?